Staysail deck sail bag

Forums The bazaar Staysail deck sail bag

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Colin - Zephyr
        • Ovni model: 395

I have a nearly new deck sail bag for sale that was professionally made for our 17m2 staysail on our 395.
        It has only been used on a couple of long passages and is redundant having now fitted roller furling gear.
        It has zipped top and side openings and a mesh bottom for drainage and can be secured in-situ with the sail hanked on or against the side stanchions. We also found it was possible to stow it with the sail hanked on to the inner forestay with the stay stowed against the shrouds.
        The only minor fault is the short end zip lead-in tongue has a small canvas tear but is still useable.

Open to offers

Tim - Oriole

Hi Colin. I may be interested as my home made bag is a little shabby now !
          I would be really interested in seeing some photos of your fuller arrangement. I have toyed with the idea many times, with different arrangements for the furling line lead, but one issue always concerns me is the access to our foredeck locker which is immediately aft of the staysail tack lug. How have you maintain good access to this locker? Is your furling drum located high up to avoid the lid ?

Many thanks

Colin - Zephyr

Hi Tim
              I was originally planning to fit a Profurl 320 but it’s pricy and the drum diameter would have been problematic opening the hatch without fitting long link plates as you point out.
              Eventually I went for a profurl 290 which has a quite small diameter drum fitted on the standard length link plates. The hatch doesn’t quite open to the vertical but not far off and it’s fine for dragging the spinnaker bags out.
              Cheers
              Colin

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.