Featherstream prop zinc anodes all sold

Forums The bazaar Featherstream prop zinc anodes all sold

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony - Antipole & site admin
        • Ovni model: 395

Having switched to aluminium anodes, I can dispose of my stock of zinc anodes, which I offer for sale.

Type Quantity Price each new Sale for lot
        Brick anodes as used on the hull 2 new and two part worn £35.00 £40.00
        Blister anodes as used on the rudder skeg and blade Safran RMC AN0605 2 new and 4 part worn £6.90 £8.00
        Featherstream prop FSL03 (hole centres 53mm) 2 new and 1 part worn £35.40 £50.00
        Pendant on 3m of plastic covered wire (as used to ward off evil currents when berthed, especially in marinas) 1 new and 1 very slightly worn Ca. £40 £30.00

Or £100 for the whole lot. Items sold are struck out. They are available for collection from Portsmouth, UK or I can dispatch at cost of carriage.

If I were still using zincs, I would put the worn ones on for a further season at least, but this is, of course, up to you.

zinc-anodes

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Tony - Antipole & site admin.
        • This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Tony - Antipole & site admin. Reason: Updated to show items sold
        • This topic was modified 7 months ago by Tony - Antipole & site admin.
        • This topic was modified 7 months ago by Tony - Antipole & site admin. Reason: Marked prop anodes sold
        Paul S - Quest
          • Ovni model: 385

Hello Tony
          We could use all the anodes except the prop ones, we are fixed 3 blade. We could get to Portsmouth tomorrow (Sunday) if that was convenient?
          Give me a call on my mobile to confirm 07450861884

Paul

Richard - Mercury

Hi, I see you have an anode that you drop in over the side of the boat. Can you tell me where you make the electrical connection? I have one that never seems to dissolve.

Thanks Richard

Tony - Antipole & site admin

Hi, I see you have an anode that you drop in over the side of the boat. Can you tell me where you make the electrical connection? I have one that never seems to dissolve.

Thanks Richard

I tapped a M5 bolt into a rib in the anchor locker and clamped the eye in the wire using a washer under the head of the bolt. All stainless steel.

Crucially, test with a meter for electrical connection between the anode and the hull. If no good connection, you need to fix that. You may need to abraid the anode to get a reading.

Richard - Mercury

Funny I had one on the bow, and it did work, then I fixed two in the stern and had no action, will go back to the bow. My featherstream anode is worn out in 5 months , which means I have to change it in the water.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The topic ‘Featherstream prop zinc anodes all sold’ is closed to new replies.